15 Wholesome Facts
1. Sea otters hold hands when they sleep so they don't drift apart.
2. The voices of Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse got married in real life.
3. Mr. Rogers' sweaters were all knitted by his mom.
4. Libraries outnumber McDonald's in the United States by a ratio of 8:1.
5. There are more trees on Earth than there are stars in the Milky Way galaxy.
6. Babies don't smile because they're happy, they smile because they like the happy reaction from their parents.
7. Oftentimes an octopus heart will skip a beat when they see their potential mate.
8. The Beatles used the word "love" 613 times in their songs.
9. Squirrels plant thousands of new trees each year by forgetting where they put their acorns.
10. A group of bunnies is called a "fluffle".
11. Smiling actually lowers stress, whether you're faking it or not.
12. Cuddling with someone you love is scientifically proven to increase happiness.
13. We are all made of stardust.
14. Happiness levels are about 50% genetic, 10% circumstance, and about 40% choice.
15. For the ancient Greeks, happiness was a civic virtue that required a lifetime of cultivation.
New York-based designer Jonathan Cohen has been working towards eco-friendly fashion over the past year. Cohen paired with Swarovski and its upcycling program, which used discarded material that is leftover from the premium crystals that the Austrian producer makes. Last season, Cohen worked with Teva to decorate sandals with multicolor crystals. This season the designer teamed up with Dr. Martens to bring some seriously embellished boots to the stage.
Cohen decked out the Dr. Martens with more than 174,000 Swarovski crystals and beads. The designer also used the same recycled materials for his gowns, skirts, and others to customize shoelaces for the boots. The designer also worked with the nonprofit Nest to source the collections belts, all of which were handmade by an Alabama-based women’s group.
More and more designers are being pressed to make fashion sustainable, but Cohen has kept an eco-friendly mindset since launching in 2011. “Our mission is simple. We want to make beautiful, luxury products in the most responsible way possible. This collection is a celebration of thoughtful consumption and individual expression.”